Patients in critical condition require extensive care. This makes it crucial for providers of critical care medical air transport to maintain efficiency and compassion in administering care. You can find air ambulance operators who provide specialized medical transportation services for such patients. The flights are fully-equipped with the latest medical tools for providing intensive care. The patients are also overseen by top-notch medical care providers from critical care nurses to in-flight doctors.
Comprehensive Care for Critical care Patients
Operators providing air ambulance critical care transport aim to provide the highest level of care to trauma patients. So they offer comprehensive care that isn’t just limited to transporting the patient to a hospital. They assign flight coordinators who make arrangements to provide the following services:
- They aim to guarantee a smooth transfer from departure facility to destination facility. This will include obtaining medical reports and providing them to the receiving facility efficiently.
- They make arrangements for ground ambulance service that will ensure optimum care in transportation between the medical facilities and the airport.
- They assign an appropriate medical team for all medical air transport flights to ensure that each patient receives the right level of medical care. The composition of the team is tailored according to the needs and condition of the patient.
- They even provide regular updates to family members and other necessary parties throughout the medical transfer.
Complete Equipment for Critical Care Medical Air Transport
Critical air ambulance aircrafts require a higher level of equipment than regular air ambulance aircrafts. So critical care aircrafts have to be equipped with the following:
- Full mechanical ventilation including high-frequency oscillation ventilation and nitric oxide (NFOV)
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Ventricular assist devices
- Diagnostic imaging
- Intra aortic balloon pump
- Temporary pacemaker
- Neonatal isolette transport
- Point-of-care lab analysis capabilities
- Invasive line insertion and monitoring